Fall in Exton, PA, is an exciting time of year. The weather might be chilly and the leaves changing color, but both kids and adults have something to look forward to. It’s easy to get caught up in the fever. While you’re picking out a Halloween costume and planning for Thanksgiving, maybe you should refresh your brain about fire safety. Fires are just as prevalent in the fall, and it’s important to be cautious and pay attention to your environment. Don’t know what to do or where to start? No need to worry – read the information below and form a plan for your household. If you have any questions, call our friendly customer service team at (610) 524-8003.
- If you’re looking to avoid smoke damage mitigation, make sure you don’t use gasoline to start a fire.
- Don’t leave your fireplace unattended for long periods of time. If you have to leave to run errands or attend an event, put the fire out or ask anyone staying behind to keep an eye on it.
- Never allow children or animals to get too close when you’re using the fireplace, especially if they’re wearing anything loose.
- Hire someone to clean out your fireplace before you start using it.
Clean Your Gutters
- Remove twigs, sticks, leaves, pine needles, and other debris from your gutters. Not only will this keep flammable items off your roof, you will also discourage vermin from moving in.
- Don’t burn what you find in the gutters.
Holiday Decorations and Cooking Safety
- Avoid placing lit candles inside carved pumpkins or bags. Battery-operated lighting is a better option.
- If you plan to put up lights for Halloween, inspect the cords for damage.
- Turn all lights off before you go to bed.
- Stay near the stove or oven when you’re cooking.
- Keep pots and pans away from the edge of the stove so children can’t grab them.
Even if you take every precaution, fires can still happen. If your home or business falls victim to a fire, you can trust that ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration will respond quickly and begin restoring your building to pre-loss condition. Our highly trained professionals will take great care in restoring your home and saving as many of your belongings as possible.
There were over a million fires in 2013. If you experience a fire, go with a company you can trust for the recovery process. Contact ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration of Exton, PA, for reliable fire damage restoration assistance.