Burst Pipes and Water Damage Repair in Lansdale, PA by ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration
This winter, a polar vortex froze much of North America. In addition to the copious amounts of snow, extreme cold caused property damage, and in some cases, even death. When the cold eased, you may have breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe you got lucky and didn’t experience any harm from the Polar Vortex other than the discomfort of the cold. Unfortunately, winter’s not over yet, and we may still be in for more extreme weather. In the Exton, West Chester, Norristown and Lansdale, you should take measures to protect your property from the extreme cold. Most commonly, burst pipes in Lansdale, PA and the surrounding areas have been frequently reported to ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration.
Frozen Pipes Make Big Messes
When a frozen pipe bursts, your home can be flooded with water before you know it. Not only do you have to repair the broken plumbing, you need to clean up the water damage before it causes further injury to your home. Water damage repair services, like those provided by ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration, can help you with water cleanup, the best strategy is to prevent pipes from bursting in the first place.
Steps to Prevent Bursting Pipes
You can prevent pipes from bursting by taking simple steps, such as the following:
• Know where the water shutoff valve is for your house. If a pipe should freeze, you will need to shut off the water to your home immediately.
• Keep your home at a minimum of 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Use heat tape, pipe wrap, or foam insulation to wrap the pipes in unheated parts of your home, such as the basement, crawl spaces, and garage.
• Open the vanity in your bathroom to make sure warm air circulates to the pipes underneath.
• Remove hoses from outdoor faucets, and insulate the faucets with covers and freeze caps.
• Keep indoor faucets running at a slow trickle. The movement can help prevent the water from freezing.
If a Pipe Bursts, Call the Professionals
Despite your best efforts, you may still experience a broken pipe. If that happens, contact ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration to help with the water cleanup and restoration. The sooner you get the help from a professional, the less damage the water can cause.