Water damage restoration can be very costly. Often the damage is so severe that you need a professional water damage repair company such as ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration in Newtown Square, PA. Professional cleaners will make sure the damaged area is completely restored to its original condition, without the potential for long term damage.
There are many reasons your home can experience excessive moisture, flooding, or water damage. Below is a list of some easy steps you can take to help prevent water damage:
- Replace your plastic ice maker water supply lines with copper. This might sound expensive, but copper lines are much more durable than cheap plastic. A water leak in the back of your fridge can go undetected until the floor is completely saturated.
- Flush your hot water heater once per year. They can build up with sludge and that can cause added pressure on the water lines. You can also turn your hot water heater down just a few degrees which will help alleviate some pressure.
- Install a self draining dehumidifier in your basement to control moisture. This may not seem like much, but over time, continual and excessive dampness can cause enough damage to require water damage restoration.
- Clean your gutters twice a year. This will ensure rain water and melting snow will be properly drained away from your home instead of into your basement.
- Install a sump pump. If you already have a sump pump, install a backup battery. This will keep your pump operating in case a heavy storm has caused a power outage.
These are just a few preventative measures you can take to help avoid water damage. If you do find the need for water damage restoration in Newtown Square, PA, give ServiceMaster a call today. We are available 24/7 to help resolve any water damage you may encounter.