Learn How ServiceMaster Can Help You With COVID-19 Response


We are here for you! 24/7/365 Response

Mold Removal Services in Newtown Square, PA

Mold growth can go unnoticed to the naked eye, but its effects can be hazardous not only to your health, but also your belongings. ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration specializes in mold removal in Newtown Square, PA, and we have a great understanding of mold growth and its harmful nature.

One of the most common indicators that you have a mold problem is a musty smell. This usually means you have a dark, damp area that is creating the ideal environment for mold to grow. By simply using a dehumidifier, you can eliminate the dampness, but that does not necessarily remove the mold. Now that the mold is dry and doesn’t have a layer of moisture protecting it, the spores can easily be circulated into the air and through the ventilation system of your home.

Airborne mold can cause many symptoms including itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing, throat irritations, skin rashes and even headaches. All of this is preventable by properly maintaining humidity and continually inspecting those dark, damp areas of your home. If you do find mold contamination or are just unsure, you should contact a professional mold remediation company such as ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration. We have trained professionals that will ensure your mold problem is resolved quickly and properly.

Mold is not only harmful to your health, it is also harmful to your furniture. If your home has high humidity and your furniture retains that moisture, it acts as an incubator for mold spores to multiply. Over time, mold growth can damage the appearance of your furniture by causing green or black spots to form. These require prompt and proper removal to ensure all mold growth is destroyed. Cloth furniture that feels damp or gets wet from a spill also provides an ideal environment for mold growth. Even if the damp area is thoroughly dried, the mold spores can still exist if not properly removed. Then, as the air circulates through the home, those mold spores become airborne and cause allergies.

Mold growth is something that can be easily managed with proper maintenance of your home. While small mold growth problems can be treated by most homeowners, the larger problems may require a professional mold remediation company like ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration. Give us a call today!