Fires are terrible disasters that can leave your home with significant damage and dangerous conditions. The damage from a building fire is a triple threat. Not only does the combustion of the fire leave charred items and materials, soot, and smoke damage, but also water damage from the water used to extinguish the flames, and the possibility of mold damage from the water exposure. If you have experienced a house fire, there are two silver linings in the chaos. First, your insurance will likely cover all the repair and salvage costs. Second, ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration can help you through the recovery process. Our technicians have the skills, training, and equipment required to fully restore your home to pre-loss conditions, including mitigating water, fire, soot, and potential mold damage. Our comprehensive services for fire damage restoration in Exton, PA and the surrounding area will quickly reverse the effects of the disaster.
Most homeowners have an HO3 insurance policy. An HO3 protects homeowners against unexpected disasters that cause property damage, including fires. The cost of fire damage restoration can range from around $3,000 to upwards of $30,000, depending on the condition of the home. Currently, the average cost in the U.S. for fire damage repair is $13,761.
Fire Damage Restoration
HO3 policies cover all aspects of fire damage, unless the homeowner intentionally ignited the fire to purposefully destroy property. This coverage includes:
- Smoke and fire damage to your home, referred to as “dwelling coverage.” HO3 policies also cover smoke and fire damage to your home from fires not on your property, such as if a neighbor’s house fire spreads to your building.
- Other structures on your property that were damaged by the fire and smoke (detached garage, shed, fences, etc.).
- Personal property in your home and other structures, like appliances, belongings, furniture, lawn tools, and more.
- Living expenses are also covered if your building is uninhabitable due to the fire. This coverage is called “loss of use” and can pay for your temporary living expenses, food, parking, and more.
- Personal liability for anyone hurt on your property during the fire, any other people’s property damaged by the fire, and other expenses you may be responsible for paying to other people. This includes any medical expenses you may have to pay to people injured in the fire.
HO3 policies are common and practical for any homeowner, and while fires may be rare, they aren’t completely impossible. To learn more about our fire damage restoration in the Exton, PA area, contact ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration today at (610) 524-8003 to reach our main office.