Every spring and summer, the East Coast experiences a sharp increase in thunderstorms and rainfall, which often leads to some level of flooding. Due to its location at the end of major watershed areas, Pennsylvania has the highest rates of flooding out of all 50 states. Chester County experiences about 46 inches of rain annually, with the highest rainfall months occurring throughout the summer. July alone has an average of almost 5 inches, over 10% of the entire year. Because of this amount of rainfall, there are annual costs of flood damage restoration that can be expected throughout multiple communities. Local flooding also often overflows personal and municipal septic systems, which means homes exposed to flood water require sewage cleanup and likely mold mitigation. If you face flood damages from summer storms this year, ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration can help. We offer comprehensive recovery from flooding, including sewage removal, mold prevention, and all other aspects of expert water damage restoration in Frazer, PA.
Water Damage Restoration
Because Chester County and the surrounding regions are so susceptible to flooding, residents need to prepare for floods and take emergency action to protect loved ones. Ready.gov offers many resources for flooding preparation and reaction, including when to evacuate and when to stay in place.
Water Damage Restoration Multistep Process
Whenever our team of expert technicians responds to a water damage restoration call, we go through a rigorous multistep process to quickly and efficiently return your building and belongings to pre-loss conditions.
- We assess the situation and evaluate what will be needed to fully restore a home, including the level of sewage exposure, and which belongings and indoor spaces are impacted by flooding and humidity.
- Our team performs preliminary water removal with truck-mounted pumps.
- Next we pack out belongings to a secure off-site location so they can be restored while we work on your building.
- During the time your building is undergoing thorough restoration, we board up windows, doors, and other gaps to prevent continued exposure to weather or possible intruders.
- We ensure that your building is fully dehydrated and sanitized, including cleanup of HVAC and other ducts and surface cleaning to prevent mold growth.
- We use moisture meters to ensure no lingering humidity is left in hidden areas of the building.
- Our team performs any needed repairs, such as carpentry, replacement of hardware, and more.
- Our technicians use a borescope to check for mold issues inside walls, behind ceilings, and in other nooks and crannies.
- Then we provide a final inspection of the building to guarantee safety, cleanliness, and acceptable humidity ranges.
- Last, we return your restored belongings to your home.
This summer, if you experience any flooding or other cause of water damage, don’t hesitate to reach our 24/7/365 emergency line for recovery. To learn more about our services for water damage restoration in Frazer, PA, and the local region, contact ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration at (610) 524-8003 to reach our main office.