If you have a loved one who is struggling with mental health issues that include hoarding behavior, you are likely facing a difficult time for everyone involved. Hoarding behavior is a symptom of many different mental health conditions, and it’s not something that is fully understood yet because circumstances can vary significantly among cases. However, most hoarding behavior occurs when other mental health disorders are present, such as depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and addiction. When you and your loved one are at a point in recovery when cleaning up a hoarder space is the next step, you should take advantage of a professional cleanup and restoration service. ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration provides comprehensive hoarding cleanup in Exton, PA, and the surrounding area.
Expertise and Equipment
Our hoarding cleanup technicians have the skills, compassion, expertise, and equipment needed to completely revitalize, sanitize, and return a space to safe conditions. We understand the strength and patience it takes family, friends, and people experiencing hoarding behavior to undertake the cleanup of any space affected by hoarding.
Because of our experience with many clients in need of hoarding cleanup and restoration, as well as thorough staff training and company practices for handling sensitive situations, we know how to work with people experiencing hoarding behavior and their loved ones, and help them through this challenging process.
Ethical Practices for Handling Hoarding Cleanup
If you and your loved are ready to start the cleanup process, you probably know that it can trigger anxiety and cause trauma if the situation is handled poorly. As a third-party service provider, we communicate with clients throughout hoarding cleanup to prevent further damage to your relationships.
- Our team offers a compassionate service that will handle the hoarding conditions with patience and care.
- We connect and maintain direct communication with you and your loved one from start to finish of the hoarding cleanup.
- We are transparent and clear about what we do with hoarded items, including our disposal process, recycling options, and when it is safe and helpful to salvage belongings.
- We are able to explain the full scope of dangers and biohazards involved in any hoarding cleanup process to you and your loved one, which often reinforces the importance of our help.
- Above all, we want you and your loved one to trust us with this process. We have the tools, skills, and experience required for a quick, effective cleanup of any kind of hoarder space.
Taking the step to clean a space affected by hoarding is difficult, but it’s a hugely significant stage in recovery for your loved one. If you’re ready to make the decision to restore a hoarder space, we can help.
For more information about hoarding cleanup in Exton, PA, contact ServiceMaster Professional Cleaning and Restoration at (610) 524-8003 to reach our main office.